Why and How to Have Good Nutrition
- Good nutrition pulls you away from pain and makes you feel more energetic, confident and happy.
- The essential ideas are nothing new. We must put the right amount of healthy, nutrient rich foods into ourselves while reducing our consumption of harmful foods.
Creating Positive Eating Habits
First thing’s first, healthy nutritious food can taste amazing. It just takes a little bit of effort to learn how to cook new dishes that you like. Here are a few rules of thumb to keep in mind while setting out on this journey:
- Stay Hydrated
- Ensure you are getting adequate vitamins and mineral by eating a wide variety of colorful foods.
- Eat foods such as yogurt, sauerkraut, and/or take supplements to ensure you are eating probiotics.
- Read about the Mediterranean Diet here. Researchers from respected institutions such as Harvard are showing that this way of eating will promote health and longevity.
- Remember, creating a positive eating habit that works for you will take time and experimentation. Be patient with yourself and your body.
What to Avoid
We must stop addictions to sugar and starch as they leave us too heavy, and can put us on a roller coaster emotionally.
What to Avoid
If you are carrying extra weight, it is likely a significant cause of your pain, especially to the joints and spine. Work towards a healthy goal weigh that you can sustain with good nutrition and exercise.